Hi Sdat5885,

Have you started a fresh session, or did you a. load a session file or
b. did some other things you didn't mention before? It may be that you
have specifically set the highlight color for your protein. The
default is not grey, but whatever color the C alpha atom has. You
might want to  try:

set cartoon_highlight_color, blue, object_to_highlight

Cheers,

Tsjerk

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 6:49 AM, s dat <sdat5...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jason
>
> Sorry but it does not work. The version is PyMOL 0.99rc6, OS is XP
> Professional 2002 SP3.
>
> Thanks for the help,
> Sdat5885
>
> On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 6:44 PM, Jason Vertrees
> <jason.vertr...@schrodinger.com> wrote:
>>
>> Vitaly is right,
>>
>>    "set cartoon_highlight_color, blue"
>>
>> will set the inside helical color to blue.  If you're having problems,
>> please let us know which version of PyMOL you're using and on which OS
>> (including version).
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> -- Jason
>>
>> On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 1:26 AM, s dat <sdat5...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Dear All
>> >
>> > set cartoon_highlight_color, blue does not change anything in my figure.
>> > If
>> > I the type set cartoon_highlight_color, -1 I get the following message:
>> >  Setting: cartoon_highlight_color set to default.
>> >
>> > The default right now is grey. I tried to go into settings, change the
>> > default to for ex blue, and then tried to recolor but nothing happened !
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > sdat5885

Tsjerk A. Wassenaar, Ph.D.

post-doctoral researcher
Molecular Dynamics Group
Groningen Institute for Biomolecular Research and Biotechnology /
University of Groningen
The Netherlands