I have long been happy reading .dx files produced by apbs and my own
programs into pymol.  Everything works great.

Interestingly, when I save a .dx file from OpenDX (http://opendx.org),
pymol seems to not be able to read it.

I've attached two files that come from OpenDX's samples directory
where loading into pymol gives the error "ObjectMap-Error: Error
reading map".

Any help in what's wrong with these files (or how to patch the VMD
plugins that I believe pymol uses to read in dx files) would be
appreciated.

-David