On 21/03/11 22:57, Hongbo Zhu wrote:
> Dear PyMOLers,
>
> As many of you might be aware of, MSMS is an excellent program developed
> by Michel Sanner for computing protein surface, especially solvent
> excluded surface (SES). (see http://mgltools.scripps.edu/packages/MSMS/
> ). Due to its outstanding usability, Robert Campbell had already
> provided several very helpful PyMOL scripts about MSMS (see
> http://pldserver1.biochem.queensu.ca/~rlc/work/pymol/ ).
>
> I have also been using the MSMS program heavily in my work and developed
> a MSMS plugin for PyMOL with a graphical user interface (GUI). If you
> have interest, please take a look at the plugin at:
> http://www.pymolwiki.org/index.php/MSMS
> Features:
> MSMS can be configured and invoked in the GUI.
> The triangulated protein SES can be rendered as mesh or/and vertices
> plus normal vectors.
> The color of surface mesh or vertices can also be configured.
>
> Your feedback and suggestions are particularly welcome!
>
> Best regards,
> Hongbo

Hi Hongbo,

it is officially included in Gentoo Linux now [1]. It would be nice, if
you could drop me a mail, in case you changed something, so that I can
create a bumped version.

thanks justin

[1] http://packages.gentoo.org/package/sci-chemistry/pymol-plugins-msms
Might take some hours to appear there