Hi Jason,

I run into a segfault with Pymol 1.4 rev 3938 on my EEE PC, running
Ubuntu 9.04. The segfault occurs when loading the PDB file. It happens
regardless of the contents of the PDB file, but loading something with
hetatms gives some insight in how far it goes:

PyMOL>load ../../../3lzt.pdb
HEADER    HYDROLASE                               23-MAR-97   3LZT
TITLE     REFINEMENT OF TRICLINIC LYSOZYME AT ATOMIC RESOLUTION
COMPND    MOL_ID: 1;
COMPND   2 MOLECULE: LYSOZYME;
COMPND   3 CHAIN: A;
COMPND   4 EC: 3.2.1.17;
COMPND   5 OTHER_DETAILS: NITRATE AND ACETATE IONS PRESENT
 ObjectMolecule: Read secondary structure assignments.
 ObjectMolecule: Read crystal symmetry information.
 Symmetry: Found 1 symmetry operators.
 ObjectMoleculeGuessValences(1,0): Unreasonable connectivity in heteroatom,
  unsuccessful in guessing valences.
Segmentation fault

If you need any information on libraries or such, let me know.

Best,

Tsjerk

--
Tsjerk A. Wassenaar, Ph.D.

post-doctoral researcher
Molecular Dynamics Group
* Groningen Institute for Biomolecular Research and Biotechnology
* Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials
University of Groningen
The Netherlands