Hi Ian,

PyMOL doesn't robustly handle solvent radius assignments that high (>
3.0).  It breaks the rendering.

Please file this in the open-source bug tracker
(http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=4546&atid=104546) and I'll
get to it when I can.

Thanks,

-- Jason

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 8:53 PM, Ian Slaymaker <slaym...@usc.edu> wrote:
> I am trying to change the solvent radius for the surface of about 20 objects
> in my scene simultaneously. I "set solvent_radius, 4" and pymol seems to
> take the time to do all the calculations, but at the end of the processing
> the surface only displays for one out of the 20 objects. "rebuild" does not
> fix the issue. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Jason Vertrees, PhD
PyMOL Product Manager
Schrodinger, LLC

(e) jason.vertr...@schrodinger.com