Dear Petro,

Text labels in PyMOL (http://pymolwiki.org/index.php/Label) are displayed
per atom, so the usual way is to make a pseudoatom (
http://pymolwiki.org/index.php/Pseudoatom) for each helix label you want to
make.

Using selections this can be pretty straight forward.

Let's say you have your coloured helices as selections you could do
something like:

zoom helix1
pseudoatom labelhelix1
label labelhelix1, "Helix 1"

The position of the label can be changes using the edit mode  (see e.g.
http://pymolwiki.org/index.php/MovieSchool_3#Mouse_Modes)

Hope this helps

Best regards,
Folmer Fredslund