On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 01:14:39PM -0400, Jason Vertrees wrote:
> This is just a quick note to let you know that as of revision 3997
> PyMOL has an improved plugin/script manager. This system was written
> by Thomas Holder as part of his PyMOL Open Source Fellowship. Some new
> features include:
>  * install script/plugin from the PyMOLWiki directly
>  * install from a URL
>  * install from a custom path on your file system
>  * setup and install into multiple repositories
>  * scripts/plugins requiring a citation will bring up a dialog telling
> you so (authors, please see the docs for information on how to require
> a citation)
>  * ...and more.

One thing which bugged me about scripts and the pymol wiki is that it
has never been very clear about what license those scripts/plugin were
under (PyMOL license, other open source license, all rights
reserved...).  Maybe this has changed in the meantime (I haven't looked
for a while), but it might be nice if the plugin manager could help a
bit by at least offering plugins/scripts to declare their license as
part of some (presumably existing) meta-information.

Michael