Hey,

Of course you can also escape the asterisk (just for the record):

remove resn \*\*\*\*

Cheers,

Tsjerk

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 8:28 AM, Thomas Holder
<spel...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
>> when visualising data out of a GOLD docking run, where the software
>> has added lone pairs to active site residues and ligands is it
>> possible to remove them post hoc in Pymol?  The "atoms" look like:
>>
>> 62 ****        45.6415  30.9229  12.1185 LP             1 <1>
>> 0.0000
>
> the atom_type field after the x/y/z coordinates says "LP", which will be
> loaded as the element symbol into PyMOL. So this should work:
>
> remove elem LP
>
>> in the output .mol2 files so the **** "atom" names are clearly not
>> going to be helpful in a command line situation. For a single ligand
>> pose it's not too bad doing it by hand but for multiple poses of
>> multiple ligands it gets pretty old pretty fast. Usually I just tell
>> people to rerun the docking with the GOLD software told to turn the
>> LPs off but am after a post hoc solution if possible as people can't
>> always get on to our licenses fast enough to repeat jobs.
>>
>> GOLD also puts the extra  protein LPs into the output ligand file,
>> not into a modded protein file. those lines in the output ligand
>> files look like:
>>
>> 52.0949   25.2031   14.8408 LP  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  #
>> atno 4332 bound_to 4006
>
> this is a SDF file, right? So you can remove by name:
>
> remove name LP
>
> Cheeres,
>   Thomas
>
> --
> Thomas Holder
> MPI for Developmental Biology
> Spemannstr. 35
> D-72076 Tübingen

Tsjerk A. Wassenaar, Ph.D.

post-doctoral researcher
Molecular Dynamics Group
* Groningen Institute for Biomolecular Research and Biotechnology
* Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials
University of Groningen
The Netherlands