Hi Darrell,

> When using the plugin, I find it useful to use smooth loops and smooth
> strands. Unfortunately, the script puts the supporting struts at the
> C-alpha positions, not the splined positions that you get with smoothing.
> The trick is to "show" a "line" representation of just the C-alpha at the
> ends of the strut and use the "sidechain helper" option.

The trick would be modifying the structure to have the C-alphas placed
at the spline control points. Not that hard to do, really.

Cheers,

Tsjerk

--
Tsjerk A. Wassenaar, Ph.D.

post-doctoral researcher
Molecular Dynamics Group
* Groningen Institute for Biomolecular Research and Biotechnology
* Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials
University of Groningen
The Netherlands