Hi Anke,

> we are currently trying to do movies and are running into some problems
> concerning the “auto interpolate” function of pymol. We realized that camera
> and molecule positions are always interpolated back to the position of frame
> 1 at the end of the movie.

Autointerpolate is not the problem here. PyMOL likes to show smooth
transitions from camera position A to camera position B over the
intervening frames. So, the solution to your problem is to make sure
there are no intervening frames: save your last camera position in the
last frame.

# create a 60-frame movie

mset 1x60

# setup scene #1

scene 001, store

# do something different to setup scene #2

# store scene #2

scene 002, store

mview store, 1, scene=001

mview store, 60, scene=002

Now, the movie will not smoothly loop back to camera position 1.

Cheers,

-- Jason

--
Jason Vertrees, PhD