Dear all,

we have with our system Ubuntu a problem with APBS in the new pymol 1.5.
We use exactyl this version:
This Executable Build integrates and extends Open-Source PyMOL 1.5.0.4.
 The following error occurs:
PDB2PQR - a Python-based structural conversion utility
--------------------------
Please cite your use of PDB2PQR as:
  Dolinsky TJ, Nielsen JE, McCammon JA, Baker NA.
  PDB2PQR: an automated pipeline for the setup, execution,
  and analysis of Poisson-Boltzmann electrostatics calculations.
  Nucleic Acids Research 32 W665-W667 (2004).

ran main.mainCommand
Erasing contents of pymol-generated.pqr in order to clean it up
I WILL RETURN TRUE from pdb2pqr
GENERATED
Running:
prog=/software/linuxsoft/pymol/freemol/bin/apbs.exe
args=('/software/linuxsoft/pymol/freemol/bin/apbs.exe', 'pymol-generated.in')
Results were:
Return value: 127
Output:
/software/linuxsoft/pymol/freemol/bin/apbs.exe: symbol lookup error:
/software/linuxsoft/ifc/compiler60/ia32/lib/libimf.so: undefined symbol:
__aullshr

Could not find pymol-generated.dx so searching for pymol-generated-PE0.dx
ObjectMapLoadDXFile-Error: Unable to open file!
ObjectMapLoadDXFile: Does 'pymol-generated-PE0.dx' exist?

It seems to be a very strange error within the intelfortan compiler library.
However we cannot find so far  solution.
So far we did not find a usable new library version to overcome the problem.
Interestingly the APBS version within pymol build 1.2r3pre using APBS
It works. This was a centos45 version of pymol.

Does anyone has encountered a similar error and found a more elegant solution
than just using an old pymol for such calculations?

Thank you very much in advance for your help an suggestions.

Best Regards

Christian
--
Christian Roth