I have a pdb file, with only Alpha carbon atoms.

   I want to display the secondary structure.   Given that pymol
   uses the backbone to define SS elements is there a way
   i can draw the cartoon.

   i have tried explicitly defining ss using alter command
   but without success. i want to avoid generating the backbone
   using an external piece of software.

    thanks
    jon

Dr. Jonathan M. Grimes,
NDM Senior Reseach Fellow
University Research Lecturer
Division of Structural Biology
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics
University of Oxford
Roosevelt Drive,
Oxford OX3 7BN, UK

Email: jonat...@strubi.ox.ac.uk, Web: www.strubi.ox.ac.uk
Tel: (+44) - 1865 - 287561, FAX: (+44) - 1865 - 287547