Hi Steve.

> I am a new subscriber to the pymol listserv.  I did look around a bit on the
> listserv site, but did not find a way to search previous postings and

Welcome to the PyMOL community.

> Minor question: is there a way to search the pymol message archive, and if
> so, how to do it?

Yes, try here
http://sourceforge.net/search/?group_id=4546&type_of_search=mlists.
You get there by mousing over "Mailing Lists" on the pymol-users
archive page
(http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=pymol-users).

> Major question: I have been playing with the iPad version of pymol from
> Schrodinger.  I know how to search pbd for structures,and how to view
> structures I have already found and saved to my pymol app folder on Dropbox.
> But I need to show some structures to an audience where I may not have wifi
> access for my iPad, and I would like to have the pymol iPad app locally save
> structure files so I can use them when I am off line.  Is there a way to do
> this with the iPad?

Currently you need to be online to access your data. We'll fix this
for the next release.

Cheers,

-- Jason

--
Jason Vertrees, PhD
Director of Core Modeling Product Management

(e) jason.vertr...@schrodinger.com
(o) +1 (603) 374-7120