I saw Jason Vertrees update of http://www.pymolwiki.org/index.php/3d_pdf.
It has the address to the source code for u3d-1.4.3. I could not compile earlier
versions of this program on a Mac running Snow Leopard, but I had
success with this version. I followed Jason's directions for compiling on
Linux through  chmod g+wx. I had installed cmake earlier.

The program compiles fine on Ubuntu 12.04 too.

I used pdflatex from fink with beamer and the movies15 package.

Blaine Mooers
Assistant Professor
Director Macromolecular Crystallography Lab
Member Stephenson Cancer Center
S.L. Young Biomedical Research Center Rm. 466

Letter address:
P.O. Box 26901, BRC 466
Oklahoma City, OK 73190

 Shipping address:
 975 NE 10th Street, BRC 466
Oklahoma City, OK 73104-5419

office: (405) 271-8300   lab: (405) 271-8313  fax:  (405) 271-3910

e-mail:  blaine-moo...@ouhsc.edu

Faculty webpage:
http://www.oumedicine.com/department-of-biochemistry-and-molecular-biology/faculty/blaine-mooers-ph-d-
X-ray lab webpage: