Hi Wilson,

interesting question and actually there is no command to control this.
Howevery, it's possible, there is a setting which doesn't have a name.
In the latest 1.6alpha, you can do:

# reset color cycle
cmd.set(239, 0)

In older PyMOL versions, this should work:

# reset color cycle
_cmd.set(cmd._COb, 239, (2, (0,)), '', -1, 1, 0)

Some related notes:
- "auto" and "current" are color names which correspond to the cycle
- You can also disable the color cycling: set auto_color, off

--
Thomas Holder
PyMOL Developer