On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 09:47:19 -0400
Robert Campbell <robert.campb...@queensu.ca> wrote:

> Hi Stephen,
>
> On Tue, 2013-06-25 09:16  EDT,  "Stephen P. Molnar"
> <s.mol...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > I have just installed the 64 bit Debian Testing distribution in an
> > Oracle VM on my laptop as a test bed.
> >
> > I successfully compiled v 1.6.0.0 in my 6 bit Debian Wheezy
> > production OS.
> >
> > I didn't get any error messages from my laptop installation during
> > the compilation process.  However when run pymol only the viewer
> > window opens!
> >
> > Here are the messages:
> >
> > > Traceback (most recent call last):
> > >   File
> > > "/home/computation/Apps/pymol/lib/python/pymol/__init__.py", line
> > > 448, in launch_gui __import__(self.invocation.options.gui) File
> > > "/home/computation/Apps/pymol/lib/python/pmg_tk/__init__.py",
> > > line 22, in <module> from PMGApp import * File
> > > "/home/computation/Apps/pymol/lib/python/pmg_tk/PMGApp.py", line
> > > 31, in <module> import Pmw ImportError: No module named Pmw
> > >  Detected 4 CPU cores.  Enabled multithreaded rendering.
> > > OpenGL Warning: No pincher, please call
> > > crStateSetCurrentPointers() in your SPU
> >
> > Unfortunately, I don't have the faintest idea as to what is missing.
> > Any assistance will be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
>
> I would appear that you are just missing the python-pmw package on
> this machine, whereas it must have been present on your Wheezy
> version.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob

Rob

Thanks for the suggestion.  You were quite correct.  Although, when I
check with Synaptic python-pmw was installed????  I reinstalled it and
the compilation worked correctly this time.

Many thanks

        Steve

--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.                Life is a fuzzy set
Foundation for Chemistry                Stochastic and multivariate