I would be interested in just how the problem has been solved!

I just installed caver v-2.1.2 in the 64 bit Debian Testing with PyMOL v-1.6.0.0 compiled from the latest svn and functioning perfectly on my system.

Carver installed from the PyMOL wicki via the PyMOL Plugin Manager without any complaints. Yet when I try to use the plugin I get:

ERROR: Directory incorrectly specified -plugin.jar not found, check directory/where/jar/with/plugin/is/locate/Carver2_1.jar

Both Carver2_1_2.py and Carver2_1_2.pyc are in the startup subdirectory. Also other plugins are working without complaint.

This is exactly the way the plug was working the last time that I attempted its installation and use.