D'uh.  Thanks for pointing this out.

Follow-up question: I want to show my glycosylated protein as cartoon, with the
glycosides *and* the side chains they're attached to shown in sticks.  How do I
do that?

I show the protein as cartoon:

Load foo.pdb
Hide lines
As cartoon

Then I select the glycosides

Select gluco, resn NDG
Show sticks, gluco

This only shows me the glycoside, but NOT the side chain it's attached to.

I tried

Select gluco, bound_to resn NDG
Show sticks, gluco

But that doesn't work, shows no side chains.

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks and Cheers
Markus