I'm a little confused by what PDB assemblies you are talking about that are
distributed as multi-state structures, but assuming they are similar to NMR
models... you can use intra_fit (
http://www.pymolwiki.org/index.php/Intra_fit )

For example, with 2kgx, we start out with chain a in state 1 and 2 and
having an rms of 0.927 and chain b having an rms of 1.143

intra_fit 2kgx and chain a

now, chain a has an rms of 0.923 and chain b has an rms of 1.155

intra_fit 2kgx and chain b

now, chain a has an rms of 0.952 and chain b has an rms of 1.130

Note, it can take a target state, that all other states are aligned to, etc.