The thickness, or weight of the black outline is related to the size of the
viewport or the ray command.

If you ray the image larger, the thickness of the black outline will be greatly
reduced. This will improve the clarity of colored sphere surface by reducing
the amount of black in those areas.

I would try using surface instead of spheres to make the black outline work in
a more cleaner style. If you want to stick with spheres, remove the black
outline and use ambient occlusion lighting:

set light_count,8
set spec_count,1
set shininess, 10
set specular, 0.25
set ambient,0
set direct,0
set reflect,1.5
set ray_shadow_decay_factor, 0.1
set ray_shadow_decay_range, 2
unset depth_cue

> On Dec 15, 2014, at 4:33 AM, Jacob Lewis <jl...@uowmail.edu.au> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a very complicated image to render in pymol and everytime I go to
> render it in colour with a black outline in spheres I get the render below
> whereby all the spheres have messing black lines in them? How do I circumvent
> this?
> <Screen Shot 2014-12-15 at 9.31.31 pm.png>
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jacob

H. Adam Steinberg
7904 Bowman Rd