Even for point updates? Even 1.7.4 can't read 1.7.5 files. If you are
planning on removing any level of forward compatibility to the point
where nothing loads, you should change your version number to 2.0 such
that there is a clear difference and I can inform my collaborators not
to update past 1.7.4.