Hi Joel,

Were does the shortcut point to (Right-click on the icon > Properties > Target)
and does it have any additional flags like forcing stereo? The default shortcut
points to "PymolWin.exe -J", which will start PyMOL with "My Documents" as the
working directory.

On 10 Sep 2015, at 01:13, Joel Tyndall <joel.tynd...@otago.ac.nz> wrote:

> Hilist,
>
> Got an annoying issue on my windows 7 and (8 machines). When I open pymol
> from the icon shortcut it crashes with the error “pymol.exe has stopped
> working… close program”. Same issue from the start menu. I can open the
> program by double clicking on a pdb file and there are no issues.
>
> Current version is 1.7.6.2
>
> Any idea how to fix this? Might be my hardware but just wondering if others
> see this or there is a fix?

Thomas Holder
PyMOL Principal Developer
Schrödinger, Inc.