there is no mpeg_encode.exe binary.

mpeg_encode, as far as I am aware, has long been abandoned. You can find
what I believe is the last version of the source code (1.5c) at
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:cowsandmilk/mpeg_encode , you
can download by clicking the files with the up arrow (I know, those symbols
make no sense).

It uses an old version of libjpeg with apis that have been long abandoned.

Basically, you don't have a binary for what I think is a long abandoned
program that depends on old versions of libraries.

Hopefully someone else will tell me there's some magical updated version
floating around out there, but I doubt it. Otherwise, no new features in 20
years and no bug/compatibility fixes in 13.

-David