Hi Maria,

The following shows filled rings and sticks for the nucleosides:

set cartoon_ring_finder, 1
set cartoon_ring_mode, 3
as cartoon

To not show filled rings for the nucleobases, you can hide cartoon for the
sidechain selection, and show sticks instead (the sidechain selection keyword
was introduced in PyMOL 1.7.0):

hide cartoon, sidechain
show sticks, sidechain extend 1

See also: