Hej Raag,

my name is Andreas and I wrote PyTMs back for my PhD. It essentially uses
PyMOLs basic editing functions to build PTMs onto protein models.
PyTMs is a simple tool and has its clear restrictions, but generally it is
nice to play around with and explore hypotheses with.

The challenge is that drawing conclusions about the impact of PTM on
tertiary structure is very limited and that there will be increasing
uncertainty about positioning of atoms the larger the PTM is. Also charge
effects are an issue and overall one will increasingly be confronted
with questions regarding Molecular Dynamics.

As far as your project is concerned you can rather easily add a Tyrosine
(or custom fragments) using the builder in PyMOL:
https://pymolwiki.org/index.php/Modeling_and_Editing_Structures

In editing mode, you can select an atom to extend on and manually select:
*build-->residue *from the menu

Additionally I'd also point out the API command to experiment with:
editor.attach_amino_acid("pk1","tyr")

If you have any questions about the editing or PyTMs feel free to PM me.
Unfortunately, I can't promise to update the plugin unless I find the spare
time to invest.

Cheers,

Andreas