Hi Ahmad,

Unfortunately there is no proper API for this. But I can think of two
approaches. Note that the results can differ because the two method do slightly
different h-bond detection!

1) Use "cmd.find_pairs" with mode=1 on "donors" and "acceptors" selection.
Example:

sele1 = "chain A & (donors | acceptors)"
sele2 = "chain B & (donors | acceptors)"
radius = 3.5
D = cmd.find_pairs(sele1, sele2, mode=1, cutoff=radius)
print("number of h-bonds:", len(D))

1) Use "cmd.distance" and the "get_raw_distances" script. Example:

run
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Pymol-Scripts/Pymol-script-repo/master/get_raw_distances.py

sele1 = "chain A"
sele2 = "chain B"
radius = 3.5
cmd.distance("distname", sele1, sele2, mode=2, cutoff=radius)
D = get_raw_distances("distname")
print("number of h-bonds:", len(D))

See also:
https://pymolwiki.org/index.php/Get_raw_distances