Hi

Frequently such problems arise because the resulting models
a) do not have the residues in their proper order (the patched-in piece gets
added to the end of the pdb file)
This is particularely severe in DNA, where you have to place
b) residue and chain labels do not match (duplicate labels)
c) dependent on your PyMOl setting, “TER” records are placed at the end of each
segment originating from a different structure

Solution:
-Set pymol not to introduce “TER” records where residue labels are not
sequential by "set pdb_use_ter_records, 0”
(https://pymolwiki.org/index.php/Pdb_use_ter_records
<https://pymolwiki.org/index.php/Pdb_use_ter_records>)
-Using the “alter” command (https://pymolwiki.org/index.php/Iterate
<https://pymolwiki.org/index.php/Iterate>), adjust chain, residue and atom
labels to what they should be according to their position in the combined
structure.
-Using the “sort” command (https://pymolwiki.org/index.php/Sort
<https://pymolwiki.org/index.php/Sort>), reorder the atom records in the
combint structure