The source of 1.9.0.0 is likely the subversion repository, which also has
the history that shows the changes.

https://sourceforge.net/p/pymol/code/4184/log/?path=/trunk

As for pymol 2.0 coming to open source, the announcement for 2.0 said the
improvements would be pushed to the open source repository in early 2018.