Hi Gary,

Do you know an application which can actually read COLLADA files with sphere
primitives? We've faced the problem that most tools only handle COLLADA 1.4, so
if PyMOL would use COLLADA 1.5 features, the programs we know wouldn't read the
exported files. See https://pymolwiki.org/index.php/COLLADA#Limitations

I fully agree that sphere primitives and other COLLADA 1.5 features would be
better (smaller files, precise sphere representation, etc.).

Thomas

--
Thomas Holder
PyMOL Principal Developer