Hi Benjamin,

You found some ancient piece of API and I'm not sure if it ever was functional.
Since the Tcl/Tk GUI is deprecated, we'll probably just remove that broken
startWithTclTk method.

The pymol2 module is a low level interface and doesn't provide a GUI out of the
box. It's also little used (and little tested).

What is your goal? Writing a PyMOL plugin or extension script? Or writing your
own application on top of a low level PyMOL API? For plugins and extensions,
just use the "pymol.cmd" API (check out
https://github.com/Pymol-Scripts/Pymol-script-repo for a collection of
extensions).

--