Hello Henrik,

your syntax is not correct:
select name_for_selection, selected_parts
https://pymolwiki.org/index.php/Select

eg.
select my_carbons, elem C & obj
will select atoms that are element C AND in obj and calls this selection my_carbons.

hth, Marko

On 20/03/2020 13:40, Henrik Gotfredsen wrote:
Dear Pymol users

Would anyone be able to help with the correct syntax used for selecting specific elements within an object?

For example, I would like to be able to select only carbon or hydrogen.

select elem c (works but selects all the carbons in my project)
select elem c, obj (this selects all atoms within 'obj' as selection 'elem_c')

Any suggestions are much appreciated :)

Many thanks!
Henrik

Marko Hyvonen
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge
mh...@cam.ac.uk
+44 (0)1223 766 044
@HyvonenGroup
http://hyvonen.bioc.cam.ac.uk