Hi – I’m a high school student learning to use Pymol for my science fair
research, and I’ve been using Pymol for about 6 months. I have been working on
attempting to bind a protein to actin for over a month now – but whenever I
fuse the linker to the antifreeze protein, it glitches. As well, when I save my
actin chain with all the linkers fused as a PDB file and reopen it, only one of
the linkers is visible. I’m hoping you might be able to help me figure out what
I’m doing wrong.

Schrodenger support provided a recommendation. Part of it is to rename the
protein chain to something else (e.g., chain F) so that it wouldn't interfere
with chain A from the F-Actin chain. I’ve been unable to figure out how to
change the name/ID of my chains. I have tried changing to “3 Button Viewing”,
selecting “Chains”, clicking on the chain of interest, clicking on the
selection “A” action button and selecting “rename selection”, as well as using
the "set_name" command, but neither are working.

Can anyone help me figure out what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks so much!