Hi Pedro,

There is no designated infrastructure for this. Other plugins typically create
their own directory in the user's home folder, like "~/.myplugindata". You
could also create it inside the "~/.pymol" directory (like
"~/.pymol/myplugindata").

This works on all platforms:
os.path.expanduser("~/.pymol/myplugindata")

On Windows, you could also put it inside the %APPDATA% directory:
os.path.join(os.environ['APPDATA'], 'pymol', 'myplugindata')

Let me know how you decide or if you have other ideas!

> On Jun 9, 2020, at 10:20 PM, Pedro Lacerda <pslace...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi PyMOL users and developers,
>
> I have a plugin that needs to download data periodically. Where should I
> download to?
>
> By the way, I managed to get a plugin into a python package.
>
> https://github.com/pslacerda/pymol-labimm/blob/master/scripts/pymol_labimm.py
>
> --
> Pedro Sousa Lacerda
>
> Laboratório de Bioinformática e Modelagem Molecular
> Faculdade de Farmácia / UFBA
>
> @pslacerda
> +55 71 9 9981-1856
> http://lattes.cnpq.br/8338596525330907