Evan Sims <w...@msn.com> writes:

> I still haven't been able to get this going.
>

> I have tried reinstalling and I am pretty sure that I only have one PyOpenGL.
> I do think that I needed to add PyOpenGL Accelerate to have the buffer
> available. I am pretty sure that Conda uses pip installed packages, but it
> does not seem to automatically use apt installed packages. Conda list does
> not show PyOpenCL, but that seems to be due to a formatting issue. I do think
> it could be an installation problem, but I am out of ideas on what it could
> be.
>

> The using PyOpenGL-Accelerate seems to get rid of the buffer attribute
> problem, but I still just get the following.
>

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "gl_particle_animation.py", line 147, in <module>
>     cl_gl_position = cl.GLBuffer(context, mf.READ_WRITE,
> int(gl_position.buffer))
>   File "/home/g2/Downloads/pyopencl/pyopencl/cffi_cl.py", line 2373, in
> __init__
>     ptr, context.ptr, flags, bufobj))
>   File "/home/g2/Downloads/pyopencl/pyopencl/cffi_cl.py", line 649, in
> _handle_error
>     raise e
> pyopencl.cffi_cl.LogicError: clCreateFromGLBuffer failed: INVALID_CONTEXT

How many OpenCL implementations do you have installed?
gl_interop_demo.py silently uses the first one (that should probably be
fixed, patches welcome), but if that is not the AMD one (/the one
corresponding to the GL driver), then that would
explain your error.

HTH,
Andreas

PS: PLEASE keep the list cc'd on problems like this. For archival, and
also to help reduce my workload. Thanks!