Hi Andreas,

I finally managed to create a simple jupyter notebook that reliably crashes the
kernel on my mac. It creates NannyEvents in a thread that get collected by the
garbage collector.
Strangely, when transforming it into a python script, it does not crash anymore.

https://gist.github.com/geggo/d9b4016ff5b77dab262be7b30a98d862
<https://gist.github.com/geggo/d9b4016ff5b77dab262be7b30a98d862>

best
Gregor