To reply to part of Matt's request:

On 01/17/2018 10:29 AM, mbac...@gmail.com wrote:
> I like the idea of creating resources to enable developers to understand
> the product architecture better. I have been working at getting up to speed
> on warehouse development and could have used just such a thing. I'm not a
> web developer but do work with Python so understanding why/how some
> decisions have been made about the design of the application would go a
> long way to grokking the overall project. Also maybe providing a list of
> technologies and methodologies that would be good to know to be most
> effective when working on the project would help people level up on things
> they should know in advance.

I've just submitted a pull request
https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/pull/2937 that starts addressing this,
and welcome reviews.

And I've created some open issues for some further types of
documentation in
https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Adocumentation
in case folks want to comment, +1, etc.

I'm also working on the other things Matt mentioned -- having more
people available to answer questions synchronously and clearing up the
inventory of communication channels. Thanks!

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Changeset Consulting