https://mail.python.org/pipermail/distutils-sig/2018-March/032081.html :

> Are there pypa/warehouse github issues for implementing the TUF trust
root support in warehouse; and client support in pip (or a module that pip
and other tools can use)?

Read and review these PEPs:

"PEP 458 -- Surviving a Compromise of PyPI"
https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0458/";

"PEP 480 -- Surviving a Compromise of PyPI: The Maximum Security Model"
https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0480/