I'm preparing requests for Warehouse's code to be audited by independent
security experts.* I'd love help answering these questions to fill out
the forms:

* Has Warehouse been audited before? "If so please provide dates, a
brief summary, who performed it, and any public outputs." (And that'll
help me summarize the changes since then.)

* Which repositories would we want to have audited? Off the top of my
head I'm thinking we'd want Warehouse, readme_renderer, cabotage, and
https://github.com/python/pypi-infra . (From there I can also determine
the approximate number of lines of code.)

* Does the project have any specific dates that are ideal for an audit?
I believe: not particularly.

As always, if you have an immediate security concern regarding PyPI,
please email security at python dot org per the PyPI security policy
https://pypi.org/security/ .

* I'll submit these requests to
https://www.opentech.fund/lab/red-team-lab and
https://wiki.mozilla.org/MOSS/Secure_Open_Source ; the latter would also
provide financial support for "remedial work to rectify the problems found".

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Changeset Consulting