Hi and thanks for writing! And thanks for being clear and comprehensive about
what you are looking for.

I'm sorry you didn't come across
https://warehouse.readthedocs.io/application/#usage-assumptions-and-concepts --
maybe we need to flag that better. As it mentions:

> Warehouse is specifically the codebase for the official Python Package Index,
> and thus focuses on architecture and features for PyPI and Test PyPI. People
> and groups who want to run their own package indexes usually use other tools,
> like devpi https://pypi.org/project/devpi-server/ .

You might also consider https://github.com/pypiserver/pypiserver or one of the
other similar projects:
https://github.com/pypiserver/pypiserver#similar-projects

I hope this helps!

(Sorry, I originally (yesterday) sent this off-list by mistake.)

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Changeset Consulting