On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 3:36 PM Michael Felt aka aixtools <
aixto...@gmail.com> wrote:

> And, e.g., for cffi, it creates a wheel with this file name:
> cffi-1.12.3-cp37-cp37m-aix_6_1.whl
> Sadly, the name of the wheels it creates have not changed. I have not had
> any success (or luck) finding the logic that generates the filename for a
> new wheel.

How are you generating your wheels? You might want to read this:
https://pip.pypa.io/en/stable/user_guide/#installing-from-wheels
I'm not 100% sure, but the code for that might be here:
https://github.com/pypa/wheel
That project also has a copy of pip's pep425tags.py file.

--Chris