Hi Hakan, hi all,

as you might have noticed, there is test_pypy_c_new.test_f1 which is currently
failing:

http://buildbot.pypy.org/summary/longrepr?testname=TestPyPyCNew.%28%29.test_f1&builder=pypy-c-jit-linux-x86-32&build=699&mod=pypy.module.pypyjit.test_pypy_c.test_pypy_c_new

buildbot did not show it earlier because before yesterday it did not run the
test at all. As you can see from the traceback, the problem is that running f1
makes three loops instead of one as expected.

I did a bit of manual binary search and discovered that the test started
failing between r42273:b8bb5d085684 and r42305:3fe93dd500bd. Looking at the
commit, it seems that the only one relevant to the problem is
r42305:3fe93dd500bd, i.e. the merging of jit-virtual_state.

Do you have any idea why jit-virtual_state causes this problem? (if it's a
problem at all, but I think so because the three loops contain the very same
operations, so I don't see why we need to compile the more than once).

ciao,
Anto