On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 4:11 PM, Ram Rachum <r...@rachum.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Alex Pyattaev <alex.pyatt...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Another option is to edit the sources of the test suite adding print
>> statements incrementally until you spot the place where it crashes. It is
>> slow, but very reliable way. That is of course if it is a particular
>> segment
>> of python code that crashes it.
>>

> I'll try, thanks.

Okay, I've spent a few hours print-debugging, and I think I've almost got
it.

The crash happens on a line:

    st = os.stat(s)

inside `os.path.isdir`, where `s` is a string 'C:\\Documents and
Settings\\User\\My Documents\\Python Projects\\GarlicSim\\garlicsim\\src'

This is a directory that happens not to exist, but of course this is not a
good reason to crash.

I have tried running `os.stat(s)` in the PyPy shell with that same `s`, but
didn't get a crash there. I don't know why it's crashing in Nose but not in
the shell.

Does anyone have a clue?

Ram.