2011/10/13 Armin Rigo <ar...@tunes.org>:
>> r47983 be8493f31b60 py3k | amauryfa | 2011-10-12 22:19 +0200
>>
>>     pypy/module/sys/system.py
>>     pypy/module/sys/version.py
>>     pypy/module/sys/vm.py
>>
>> Fix some metaclasses, and the sys module can now be imported
>
> Please wait a second before doing all these changes.  You are changing
> the RPython code to be Python 3.  Doing so is Yet Another option that
> we never really discussed so far: moving RPython to be "RPython 3".  I
> suppose that, by now, we should really consider this as another
> possible option too; but we must definitely consider what it implies.

All these changes occur in strings that start with
   app = gateway.applevel('''
   "NOT_RPYTHON"

This code is not RPython, and is processed by the new compiler.
Normally, the host python should not see this code.

Anyway, I run cpython2.6 for my tests, which does not
allow this new metaclass syntax.

I agree that RPython should stay at version 2.x for the near future.
For example, space.wrap("hello") takes a 8bit string and produces a W_Unicode...

Thanks for looking at all this!

--
Amaury Forgeot d'Arc