I am working on a compiler for MediaWiki to LaTeX. Currently it is
written in Haskell and Python3. I feel very insecure about the Python
part and I would feel much safer if I had static typechecking in the
Python part. Still I want the Python part to be able to run with normal
Python interpreter. So it seems to me that converting the code to
RPython might solve this issue for. Everything else is Ok, in particular
speed is not an issue. What do you think.

You may want to use PyLint, PyChecker and/or PyFlakes not RPython
Regards,
Davide Del Vento