Hi everybody,

firstly, this is just an email for personal interest and has nothing to do
directly
with development so this mailing list may not be quite the right place (I am
going
to hang around on #pypy...). I am a student and generally interested with the
pypy
development, especially with the rpython language, and I have some general
questions:

What is your view on the new typing/mypy things that are happening on python-dev
(pep 484)? What I mean is will this make the typing system of rpython evolve?
Could
RTyper be adapted to work on pep 484 annotations (would it actually be useful)?
read a bit of the paper about rpython listed on the docs and i had the feeling
that
your typing is a bit more low level. The quite different goals and contraints
that the
2 type system have may explain that they look different, but could there be an
interaction (in one way or another)?

An other question that is related: it's maybe early to think about that but
could it be
reasonable to expect that pypy will better optimize pep-484-annotated python
programs?
The thrusting of these user annotations is indeed a problem, so a pypy option
could
specify that we want it to thrust the type annotations. It may then be worth
just writing
programs in rpython directly.

These questions are quite hypothetical so I don't expect concrete answers, just
thoughts!
If someone wants to react to this or point me to other (theoretical) ressources
about
rpython... :)

Bonsoir,
Peio