Hi Bengt,

On 25 February 2015 at 15:20, Bengt Richter <b...@oz.net> wrote:
> Maybe it's worth a re-think, if only to say "no, we really mean no" in the
> FAQ ;-)

It's unclear to me if you're suggesting something more than adding a
checkpointing system to stop and restart the process.  It's a hack
that might work in some cases and not in others.  For example,
re-opening the files and re-seeking them to the same position as
before --- it seems interesting but I somehow doubt it is very helpful
in general.

Another point of view on your suggestion is "just use os.fork()", as
this solves all these hard issues out of the box.  Of course you can't
save the forked process to disk, but that seems like a small price to
pay and it works on today's PyPy.

A bientôt,

Armin.