Henry Kleynhans wrote:

Hi Vio,

Thanks for the reply.

Would you use deleteLater() instead of removeChild() ?

The problem is that it works if the button is not inside another widget
which gets removed.  If you have the button on the QMainWindow instead of
the TestWidget, it works fine, but as soon as you put in into another
widget it does not work.

Honestly, I never used "removeChild()", at least I don't recall.

But "deleteLater()" is pretty straightforward: I just call this method on the object I want to zap, and don't have to worry about its parent or children or anything.
But I don't understand your problem: are you trying to remove a button whose parent also gets removed? I think the rule is that if you remove a widget, all its children also get removed, and its parent automatically updates its children list. So if you have a QFrame with a QButton inside, if you remove the parent QFrame, the QButton also gets removed automatically - without you having to explicitly remove it.

I hope I understand you correclty.
Vio