I am trying to install eric3, the pythong ide. eric3's README said that first Qt,
QScintilla, Sip, and PyQt need to be installed. QT was alrady installed on my system,
so I started with QScintilla.

I tried installing all these libraries from rpms, but it did not work, so I tried from
source. When making qscintilla, the following error occurs.

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXext
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [/usr/lib/qt-3.1/lib/libqscintilla.so.3.0.0] Error 1

I looked in the Makefile and the line that causes this is:
LIBS     = $(SUBLIBS) -L$(QTDIR)/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lqt-mt -lXext -lX11 -lm
-lpthread

I tried removing -lXext (probably not a good idea), it errored out on the next flag,
-lX11. When I took that out, if finished ok.

When I started installing SIP from source, same errors occured. I do not want to
proceed to installing PyQt and Eric until I resolve these errors.

BTW, the reason why rpm installation did not work is because when eric was loading, it
could not find the qtext module.

Any advise appriciated.
Sergei