Hi,
I'm a newbie (not only with PyQT but also Python). But I do have experience with M$ windows Visual FoxPro. So in the VFP world we use a MDI format for our programs. I'd like to continue this practice. So the question:

When I create a QMainWindow (my main window) I add my menu's etc...from my menu actions I want to open a window in the space below the menu. The type of window is the question. Is the type of the new window also a QMainWindow (my child window)without menu's? If this is correct - can the child window receive events from the main window menu/toolbar etc... If not what is the correct type of window do I use?

I know this may sound a little to simple but all the other GUI systems I have looked at used a different window type for child windows.
TIA

John