As I've said, I have made that selling point many times - mainly as a sop to C++ programmers and avoid religious my-language-is-better-than-yours arguments. However, I don't know of anybody who has actually done it.

    We selectively port from Python to C++, depending on the broader
    modularity considerations of our mixed C++/Python environment.
    I would say it is the exception, rather than the rule.  From our
    perspective, Python unicode <-> QString conversion would be
    an inconvenience, but not a barrier.

Nigel